This afghan has 1x1 tuck stitch borders which lie flat and a centre square with a fancier tuck stitch. There is no hand finishing needed which makes it fast and easy for a quick baby gift or a donation to your local chemo unit or nursing home.
Size: approx. 36" (91 cm) square.
Materials: 10.6 oz/300 g of 4 ply acrylic.
Gauge: not important.
Pattern: 200 stitches x 589 rows. Download this .pat file into DesignaKnit, then transfer it into your machine.
Note: If using a Brother electronic with DAK7, you may need to use the KHC button with this pattern.
• Cast on over 200 needles with waste yarn and ravel cord.
• Crochet cast on with the main yarn.
• Knit 1 row to the left and 1 to the right selecting the pattern.
• Set the carriage to tuck and the row counter to 000. Knit to RC589.
• The pattern will end with COL. Knit 2 rows in stocking stitch, then 1 row as loose as possible and crochet bindoff (or bind off around the gate pegs).
• Sew in the 2 yarn tails and block to size.
© Eileen Montgomery 2001