This little blanket has 1x1 tuck stitch borders which lie flat and a centre square with a diamond tuck design.
Size: approx. 20" (51 cm) square.
Materials: 3.5 oz/100 g of 4-ply 100% acrylic. Preemie blankets should be knit in as soft a yarn as possible. I recommend Yeoman Cashmilon 4-ply acrylic.
Gauge: not important.
Pattern: 118 stitches x 324 rows in single-bed tuck stitch. Download this .pat file into DesignaKnit, then transfer it into your machine. Sample was knit on a Brother 940.
Note 1: The tuck pattern may have to be reversed for use on a Singer/Silver Reed electronic.
Note 2: If using a Brother electronic with DAK7, you may need to use the KHC button with this pattern.
• Cast on with waste yarn and ravel cord, then e-wrap cast-on with the main yarn.
• Knit 1 row to the left, then 1 to the right selecting the pattern.
• Set the carriage to tuck, KC11 and the row counter to 000. Knit in tuck until RC324.
• The pattern will end with the carriage at the right so the bind-off will be worked from the right. If you prefer to work from the left, just knit 1 more row in tuck.
• Knit 2 rows in stocking stitch, then backstitch bind off.
• Sew in the 2 yarn tails and block.
© Eileen Montgomery 2001